Wednesday 4 July 2012

MUSE, The Queen, and daddy long legs...

Hola! Thanks for checking out the blog again today - so I might as well dive on in to keep you reading :). I'm writing this on my lunch break in a humid as hell Glasgow office...

BUSKERS


Good place to start seeing as Santana's pal is ringing in through the window. The Buchanan Street Busking Brigade really do grind my gears. Today has seen the return of the girl I like to call 'Rabbit in the Headlights'. I really feel bad for her... she is just too timid to do it and ends up literally making no noise other than the odd yelp. GRAB SOME BALLS! YOU CAN DO IT! I've blurred out her face but the pic below will let you see where she usually resides... go on - give her some encouragement - she might turn out to be amazing!





MUSE


Okay, you won't know yet that Muse are my favourite band, but the fact they have been snapped up for the Olympics official theme tune reaaaaally makes me sad :(. I know it's an honour and all that, but it's a sure way to have your song played to death, and alienate anyone who has a problem with bands 'selling out'. At the end of the day they can put their track on the shelf along with 'The Olympic Toothbrush', and 'The Olympic Wallpaper paste'. Hmmmm....

The track seems okay, and I'm not sure if it's off of the new album or not but it's very similar to their last outing with a distinct Queen sound going through it. Although I really liked the last album, I've got my fingers crossed for a grimier reference to Origin of Symmetry in there somewhere. 

Here's a link to the Olympics single: Muse - Survival (Olympics theme) on youtube

Here's a link to the far more exciting album teaser!! Looks/sounds amazing: Muse - The 2nd Law - album trailer on youtube


QUEEN


So the queen's going around in Glasgow today. Must be quite the shock to the system after a lovely day out in Edinburgh yesterday, ankle tags everywhere haha.

They've organised a concert to celebrate her being here, but she has already been and gone (by 1pm) and George Square is now left to suffer from z-listers like Michelle McManus, Gamu (sounds like a comedy duck puppet from CBBC or something) and the wonderful 'Re-Take That' - good god.


AND FINALLY...


I wouldn't like to be the girl sitting in front of this chump on the train... FFS. #PervThrust




Til next time! #therealstylodelic

DVP

No comments:

Post a Comment